Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Live without regret

Bethany Brauer
Professor Anthony
ENG 101-110
20 February 2015
Live without Regret
            It was my first year at a new school, I should have been enjoying basketball season and hanging out with friends like a normal sixteen year old. Instead, I was in the children’s hospital.  I had been anemic and receiving iron infusion but all the doctors I had been to were never able to figure out why I was so anemic. I was experiencing awful pain in my abdomen so I had an ultra sound done, which they then determined that my appendix bursts and I had an awful infection in my intestines. I believe in hope.
            I had around
            Through all the pain, the sleepless nights, and isolation of the hospital walls I remained hopeful. I always had friends and family visit me.
            My body went through so many changes.

            The scar down my stomach reminds me each and every day that through every twist and turn in life I have one thing to hold on to, hope. Hope gives me strength and faith that good things are to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment