Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Learning to take help

I use to be a very independent person and believed that I didn't need to rely on anyone but myself. Well, my independence crumbled down the day I was admitted into the hospital and learned that I needed a serious surgery. I have always been able to take pain well and I hated letting people see the weakness inside of me. So I became very angry that I was going through this at the age of sixteen when I should of been out with friends and playing basketball. Lying in the hospital bed I tried my best to mask my pain and simply had a smile on my face even though on the inside I was screaming. Approximately two months later I had my surgery and when I woke up in the recovery room I began to cry and could not control my feelings because this was the worst pain and experience I had been in. As the weeks progressed I was able to sit up with help and walk with help. I have never been welcoming to help because I thought I could do everything on my own. My Junior year of high school was a dark year for me. I honestly look back on it now and realize that I couldn't have made it through the year without the help of my family and friends. I think showing weakness isn't such a bad thing after all. When you are weak that means there is alwasy room for improvement. Little did I know that the weakness of my body helped the weaknesses I struggled with of felling vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment