Friday, May 1, 2015

Reflections

  • Which in class writing was your favorite? Why? My favorite in class writing was the one where we had to go out and observe people on their characteristics and personality using a number of words from each list. It opened up my writing to stop using generic words and words I commonly use. It helped me understand that my writing could be so much better and even more interesting when we don’t use the same words over and over.
  • Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why? My least favorite in class writing was the one on the different perspective from the short film. I like to look at things at how they appear to me rather than how others view things. It is definitely something I struggle with. I usually perceive things literally so it was a challenge and was hard to do.
  • Review all your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Better description, not straightforward--instead of using is/are I was able to create imagery and use literary devices, deeper emotions--instead of writing what I think others will like i wrote real.  Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why? All of them are linked together and are profound. Being more descriptive eliminated the use of is/are as well. Using my emotions enabled me to use imagery.
  • If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why? My attitude. My attitude reflected through my writing and made it poor.
  • What did you like best about this course? The class was more conversational than lecture.
  • What did you like least about this course? The writing. Writing is one of my least favorite thing to do. I know i technically do it everyday but I just haven’t been a good writer since I was young.
  • What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over? Really try to write from the beginning instead of waiting till mid/end of the semester.
  • What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester? It’s all about the attitude. I can do things as long as my attitude is right instead of thinking negatively and down because life didn’t work out like I wanted it to.
  • What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course? Maybe have more assignments so I could be sure and confident about my grade.
  • You begin this course with an engagement and participation score of an A.  Attendance, participation in activities and group work help you to maintain this grade.  Evaluate yourself and assign yourself a grade for the in class portion of this course.  Don’t forget the reasoning behind your self assigned grade. A. I believe I only missed one class. Although, sometimes in class I wouldn't always participate and write like I was suppose to be doing most of the time I did the work and participated..

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection! You should be pleased with the work you have done this semester. It was a pleasure to have you in class. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete